Re: RE: Need your Prayers & Help..

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 11:46:40 EDT

In article <20041029152818.41689.qmail@web60506.mail.yahoo.com>,
dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com ("\"A Friend\"") writes:
> My wife,Judy,has been seeking a job for the past 7
> months.No luck yet,and her unemployment ran out last
> week.We can cover rent,utilities,and food...thats
> it.We have medical bills($780.00),and we dont have
> medical insurance.PLUS,now we find out,that her former
> employer is "bad mouthing" to places we have
> applied...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that her former employer's
actions are illegal. You can't give a negative reference, the "worst" you can
say is "no comment". If they're making false statements that are negative
about her, that's slanderous and grounds for a civil suit. Contact an attorney
- you could get damages for lost wages based on the number of jobs she's lost
out on as a result.