Re: Was blue.... Now Green???

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 00:24:32 EDT

Gary Hedlin wrote:
> Ok people, here's a question for ya.
>
> I was happily speeding down the road today in the 05 when my LOW WASH idiot
> light came on. Beings I was already on my way to Pep Boys, I picked up a
> bottle of their 99 cent blue washer fluid. So I get out of there, pop the
> hood, and open up the washer reservoir. I notice the little fluid in there
> was GREEN? What the.....?
>
> So im wondering...is this some new synthetic washer fluid DC came out that
> probably runs $35 a gallon or what? I checked the owners manual, and they
> don't have any listing of the proper fluid. So I'm wondering if I should
> just top it off with blue, or try and find some green fluid and put that in.
>
> For those of you who think this is a joke post...It's not! I've seen a lot
> of weird $hit, but never green washer fluid. Only goes to show how crappy
> of a childhood I had! :)
>
> Thanks,

A few weeks back I got a call from one of the shops in the area who does
business with our store... he said he had a stupid question to ask - but
asked if I had ever heard of pink washer fluid? I said yeah - we sell
it - Rain-X bug wash. He laughed and said he thought someone had put
extended life antifreeze in the washer fluid tank.

There is also green washer fluid too - Prestone Bugwash washer fluid.
Don't know if that is what the dealership put in - but it exists. There
is also yellow washer fluid. Prestone De-Icer is yellow.

I've also seen purple washer fluid, prolly a de-icer version. Doesn't
really matter what fluid you use - you could also use plain old water if
you wanted - but you shouldn't because it will freeze in the reservoir
and lines.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!