Re: 92 2wd auto trans into a 93 4x4 auto trans.. will it work ????

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 22:15:43 EST

Ryan Arsenault wrote:

> so wondering if this will work for me... to much of a prob or should it
> be an easy install... i can purchase a whole truck for like 500.. and i
> need a trans... auto OD...... and a few other parts... startin to look
> like a dakota grave yard around here hahha...
> 88 4x4 dak parts truck
> 89 dak 2wd convertable
> 92 dak 4x4 ext cab... workin on it
> 93 dak 4x4 ext cab... trans shot
>
> Ryan Arsenault

Won't work. Bellhousings are different... see pics below - I tried this
earlier this summer and discovered that there are provisions on the 4x4
transmission for bolting up the drivers side engine/axle/transmission
bracket/brace - that are not there on the bellhousing of the 2wd versions.

Might work without that brace fully installed - but I didn't, and
wouldn't try it. That interconnecting brace is there for a reason - and
installing a 2wd trans into a 4x4 set up, might cause strength and
durability issues. Think cracked tranny case.

By the way - your 88 parts truck? Whats left of it? Where are you
located? And you are my new best friend!

pics located at: http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/transmissions/

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!