IMPORTANT - Read if you own your own domain name

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 18:01:34 EST

Effective November 12, 2004, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN) will institute a new transfer policy for all accredited
domain name service providers.

The previous ICANN policy allowed us to deny requests to transfer your
domain names to another registrar unless you explicitly confirmed to us your
intent to transfer. The new ICANN policy removes that protection. Starting
November 12, when we receive a request to transfer your domain name to a new
registrar, we will still attempt to contact you to confirm that you
authorized the request. However, if you do not respond, or are not able to
respond within 5 days, your domain name WILL be transferred.

Here are all the details:
http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

--
- Josh