Re: Re: RE: RE: IMPORTANT - Read if you own your own domain name

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 17:46:08 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> ""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Wut do dat mean in English?
>>
>>Rascal
>

> That basically means that if you're not paying attention, someone else can
> grab your domain name without you knowing. A domain name is the same thing
> as your web address.

What this really means is that you *need* to get your domain name locked
  with your registrar. I've been doing that on all of my domain names
for a while now -- it always seemed dumb to me not to do it that way,
anyway. If you don't want to change registrars, lock your domain. The
domain then has to be unlocked with the current registrar before it can
move to a new registrar.

-Bill