Shift Solinoid??

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 01:01:29 EST

Ok guys, heres one for ya.

Took the 98 out today, and for some reason, she would not shift like she
normally does. Few seconds later the check engine light comes on. So I
limp over to auto zone, have them pull the code, and it was a Shift Solenoid
Failure code (forgot the number). So I check the fluid and TV
cable...everything's ok. So I dig out my FSM, and try to find where the
solenoid is. The only reference I saw was under the Fuel System section, so
now I'm stumped... So heres my questions....

1. Where is it?
2. How much would a new one run?
3. How hard is it to install??

Right now I am in no need of fixing it right away, but I do want to fix it
before snowfall so the 05 can stay safe & warm in the garage. Plus I'ts
been a while since I got my hands dirty, so this is my opportunity to do
just that! :)

Thanks in advance,

Gary

--