RE: RE: Shift Solinoid??

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 10:55:25 EST

On a 46RH (may be different on an RE), the Valve Body only needs to be
dropped if you want to replace the wires that go from the solenoids to the
transmission case. The older valve bodies have 3 wires w/ terminal type
connectors that can be pulled off the solenoids. Some newer ones have a
convenient connector plug at the solenoids. I know this because I installed
a few on my truck from APS (first one didn't work and had the old style
terminals, second have the connector plug). If there's a type that has the
wires soldered/crimped to the solenoids, then that would need VB removal.
James