Re: F/S - 50mm TB & TB Help

From: Dave Downing (ddowning@nosc.mil)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 15:47:12 EST

Yup, the TB will fit the 3.9, 5.2 & 5.9's, I guess I should have mentioned
that. The Fastman tb's are rebuilt, bored stock tb's w/new blades & shafts.
I picked up two tenths at the track with this tb. It's a very good tb for a
light mod truck, I ran it with an intake and 3" exhaust and ran 14.8's. If
you're going to be doing more heavy mods, then I'd go with a 52mm tb (55mm
or bigger if you're going blown or stroker). There are also other companies
out there making tb's. I'm currently running an F&B 55mm on my R/T and will
be upgrading to a 58mm when the new block goes in. F&Bs are made from
billet aluminum and are excellent pieces. They cost more than the
Fastman's, but there's no core charge. All depends on your budget and how
far you want to go. But a 50mm is perfect for a light mod daily driver.
Hope this helps :)

-Dave