Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 01:55:24 EST

On Nov 24, 2004, at 19:46, andy levy wrote:

> On 11/24/2004 3:34 PM, Jason Bleazard wrote:
> | On Wed, November 24, 2004 12:42 pm, Michael Maskalans said:
> |
> |>I'd love to see this happen in the Black Hills or the Badlands. I
> |>haven't been there since I was about this big (/me holds hand 2' off
> |>the floor) and I want an excuse to go back.
> |

> | Tell us more... I don't know a thing about this area. What kinds of
> | things are there to do and see? There would be a lot to be said for
> being
> | in one of the Dakotas, just not sure if the location would work for
> people
> | down south.
>
> Crazy Horse (the monument, not the "club"), Mount Rushmore, the
> Badlands
> themselves, Wall Drug (*snicker*), Deadwood, Lead, Sturgis, um...
>
> Like Mike, it's been a *few* years since I've been there (16 I think),
> so my memory's fuzzy.

yeah - it's more of the national monument sort of touristy type place,
as I recall. the Corn Palace is the only attraction that I can think
of off the top of my head, and I'm thinking that's on the eastern end
of SD but I'm too lazy to check.

the gorgeous scenery and ease of camping would be my reasons to check
it out. I don't know and haven't checked on drag racing or four
wheeling opportunities (and I'm a very strong believer in both being
necessary for our little shindig)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s