Re: Spare Tire Mechanism

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 14:41:51 EST

Thanx, Mike!

<snip> I should have remembered that like so
 many other parts on these trucks there are more than just bolts that
 hold it on: on one side there are two bolts that come down from the top
 and thread into the carrier, and on the other side are two hooks that
 come over the frame it bolts to, so you'd have to get at least a couple
 inches' slack in it to maneuver the winch's hooks over the frame under
 the bed. you also need to pull the cotter key that holds the extension
 (the part that's rounded off) to the winch and remove it, since it goes
 through a hole somewhere, as I recall.

 take a look at the pictures here:
 <http://mike.tepidcola.com/data/tmp/winch/> <snip>

I'm wonderin if I can get at that cotter pin - thru the spare rim...Haft get
her up on ramps & take a peek..
'Preciate it...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY