Engine/motor mounts

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 14:18:01 EST

Howdy y'all,
I have a question about motor mounts.
How hard are they to replace on a '97 with a 318 and 4x4?
After i wrecked it seems that the fan hits the radiator shroud when i get on
the gas.
I have a PA body lift so i relocated the shround and trimmed it to fit but,
it still rubs.
Any idea why my motor moves forward 1-2" when i get on the gas? From
looking at the front end it's as if the motor mount ties into a bracket on
the front diff. I replaced the trany mount a couple of moths back and it
didn't help. My guess is the motor mounts are shot and allow the motor to
move front to back. It doesn't move side to side from torque. I think the
whole drivetrain moves under wot.
--Hop
'97 CC 318 4x4
3" PA, 3" Rancho