Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 22:10:25 EST

Phillip Batson wrote:
> Just saw on the news that they are issuing a recall on
> them! woohoo! Gonna get my '00 fixed! :)

Yep, it's official:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/10/pf/autos/dodge/index.htm?cnn=yes

I'm glad that they are finally admitting to the problem. I suspect they
will probably end up recalling more vehicles now that they have admitted
publicly that there is definitely a problem.

I wonder how long it will be before I can get this done. I'm calling my
dealer on Monday... I'm also curious if they're going to replace them
with the same type or if they will be greasable. (I'm hoping for the
latter, but not holding my breath..)

-Bill