Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 02:54:19 EST

dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com wrote:
> I just saw it ONLY affects Dakota & Durango owners
> with 4 wheel drive..
>
> Woo-Hoo! I knew i bought a 2 WD Dakota QC for some
> reason..

Actually, that bites. The 2WD design is not really any better, it's
just that they haven't been forced to recall the 2WD models.

I did see in the article that an additional 300-some thousand trucks are
going to be covered with a 10 year/100k mile extended warranty on their
upper ball joints .. I'm wondering if that means 2wd vehicles or just
certain 4wd vehicles that aren't otherwise covered by the recall.

-Bill