Re: 180 t-stat trips code

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 19:49:54 EST

On December 14, 2004 12:06 pm, A. S. wrote:
> Jason,
> What was your solution? Did you get a new 180, go back to the 195 or
> just live with the code?

I eventually went back to the 195. In my case, the code wasn't tripping the
MIL, so it didn't bother me. The only reason I installed the 180 in the
first place was I thought it would help with my pinging problem (which turned
out to be the belly pan gasket anyway).

Fast forward a couple of years, and I wasn't getting much heat out of the
heater. So I went back to the 195 thinking it might help, but it didn't.

So I've changed the thermostat temperature twice trying to fix a problem that
it didn't fix. I didn't notice any performance difference to speak of
between the two, which isn't surprising given my driving style.