Re: RE: RE: RE: Gen 1/2 question - Speaker enclosures

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 16:06:41 EST

""Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@otterbein.edu> wrote in message

> I have to ask: To what do you listen at 140+ db? I have a few things
> in mind that might sound great at that level. In the small cab volume
> that I have, I can actually feel the low frequencies from the little
> Infinity. I can't imagine what 140+db must be like.

Whatever I like. =P

Plus, you should see the looks on the little ricer's faces when I show them
up with my "little" 10" woofer. I listen to a really wide variety of music
and just because I CAN listen at that level doesn't mean I do it that often.
I usually keep my music at a pretty reasonable level and just use the sub to
fill in whenever needed. It really makes a difference when you're listening
to some jazz or classical, the tiny little 6.5" speakers in the doors and
cab walls just don't reproduce the low tones that well overall. If you come
to the BBQ in July, you can hear it if you like, the stereo in my truck
sounds really great.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L