Re: 180 Thermostat problem?

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 14:06:18 EST

Bernd, there are two different tests here. Smog Check II is used in the
areas with the worst pollution, and is a dyno test. I've been told by two
different guys with licenses that anything over 5 or 6 years old that isn't
in perfect tune could easily fail the SC II test if the thermo is running in
the area of 180-185. I'll try to talk to one of them tomorrow and get a
little better info, Biff