RE: RE: knocking after oil change

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 15:38:08 EST

If you really want to make your head spin in regards to oil or oil filters
check ou this web page http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi This
web page goes way beyond what Russ Knize did. There are folks out there that
have been paying to have filters analized to SAE test specs.

It's amazing how anal someone can get when it comes to oil filters. Most every
brand has it's proponents as well as opponents and that includes K&N and Mobil
1 filters.

Most of the complaints about FRAM have to do with their construction, not how
well they actually work. In my 30+ years of driving I have only had one filter
failure and that happened to be a WIX which leaked around the can to base
crimp.

I purchase the motorcraft filters mainly because they are from reputable
manufacturer and they are in expensive.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4

In article