Grand Cherokee Is Petersen's 4Wheeler Of The Year?!?!?!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 18:06:45 EST

OK - I'm seriously pissed.

My issue of Petersen's 4Wheel And Offroad just arrived today with a
picture of the new Grand Cherokee on the cover and big bad title
proclaiming it the 4-By of the year for 05.

Now I was able to swallow them giving that award to the Lexus, and to
the Toureg this past year - simply because the Toureg is without a doubt
a really high tech and cool 4x4.

But.... BUT!!! They gave the title to the GC, OVER the Power Wagon, and
OVER the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon!

The new Dakota scored at the bottom of their results... which I find no
surprise. But to call the GC 4-by of the year? They busted a bunch of
parts on the GC, and required replacement of the rear drive shaft - they
dragged the thing over a bunch of stuff that they even admitted the
older solid axle version would have no problems with - and said more
than once the new suspension seriously compromises its offered ability
vs its predecessor. And they praised the Power Wagon and the Rubicon
Ultd. Only saying those rigs needed more engine power.

Footnote: They were able to grenade Dakota's front differential on a
hill climb. (sigh)

I'm writing them a flaming letter for this one.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!