Re: RE: Re: Grand Cherokee Is Petersen's 4Wheeler Of The Year?!?!?!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 01:53:48 EST

Ryan Stewart wrote:

> I'd be far more pissed over the Toureg and Lexus wanna-bes than the GC
> which can truly hold its own off-road.
>
> Beyond that, I don't see how they picked it over the Wrangler Unlimited
> unless they were not basing it solely on off-road prowess and also
> tested on-road ability, speed, comfort, etc.
>
> -Ryan
> 99 DA RC R/T

In all honesty, they didnt break shit on the Toureg and the Lexus, like
they did on the GC. And if you read the test review for the GC, they
seemed unthrilled with its compromised offroad abilities.

I know they try to give the award th the all around best new 4x4
entry... but come on - the name of the mag is 4 Wheel AND offroad! To
say that the compromised GC wheels better than the Rubicon Ultd or the
Power Wagon, is disgusting honestly. Not everyone does sand wheeling
like they do. Any fool and their brother can take any of the SUVs on
the market, throw a decent set of tires on them, air down, and have good
luck in sand. (dunno about your all wheel drive variations however)

Key to sand wheeling is wheel spin and "flotation"/paddle effect of the
tires. Lets just say I'm not so impressed by Petersens as I once was.
I give them their credit for standing true and behind their past
4wheeler of the year choices... but this time it was comical.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!