Re: Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 16:36:43 EST

Slartibartfast wrote:
> My '02 2WD has 28k miles and clunky ball joints.
>
> My brother (rest in peace) bought an '02 2wd Dak a month before I did and
> his truck also has clunky ball joints.
>
> Dodge is blowing smoke if they think this is restricted to 4wd models only.

You should be getting a 10 year/100k warranty on your ball joints on the
2wd model. Given that, you should have no problem getting them replaced
if they are clunking.

On a similar note, I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the
dealership to have mine replaced as part of the recall. I'll post when
I get the truck back and let everyone know how it goes...

-Bill