Re: Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 00:55:28 EST

Eric Huff wrote:
>>You should be getting a 10 year/100k warranty on your ball joints
>>on the 2wd model.
>

> What years does that cover? Do they send a notice?

Not sure, but all of the articles I have read said 2000-2003 (this is
really 2000 to early 2003) models not covered by the recall (i.e. 2wd
models) would be receiving a 10 year/100k warranty on the upper ball
joints. I haven't looked into it much further since I don't have a 2wd,
but you could probably get some more info by calling the service
department at your dealer. They should be fully aware by now -- my
dealership knew all of the details of the recall right away. I was
surprised to get an appointment so fast, particularly since the local
Dodge dealership just merged with the local Chrysler/Jeep dealership and
rolled it all under the same roof. In any event, I'll let the list know
tomorrow what happens...

-Bill