My next Dodge (was: Emissions)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 04:34:20 EST

007a01c4f00e$8cc8e140$6501a8c0@nycap.rr.com,
> ""DAKSY"" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>I love my DAK, but I'm startin to get sick of the monthly nickel-and-dime
>>stuff that's costing me hundreds that I should be putting into the
A-frame!
>>I'm done for now...
>>

> Hehehe.... Welcome to that special place located between a rock and a
hard
> place! :) Before I bought the 05 the voices in my head were arguing
over
> whether or not the love I had for the 98 was worth the constant
onslaught of
> repairs coming at me. Well, you know what voice won and forced me at
> gunpoint to buy the 05! :) But even if your not as lucky to have a mind
> like mine that constantly analyzes the moral dilemmas we face, you should
> look at the cost of getting another vehicle and the costs of keeping
the one
> you have running for at least 3-4 years. Then you'll have a solid
> justification to jump to the dark side and buy an 05! :)
>
> And oh yeah, we have shaker hoods now! :)

Even though I am seriously pissed at Petersen's for their handing the
4Wheeler award to the GrandDamnedCherokee, Their review of the new
Dakota makes me hate the Gen IV even more. They blew up the front diff
on the Dak during tests. Not even a shaker hood would get me to buy a
new Dak.

I was looking at the Power Ram on Dodge.com tonight - and I was not
quite thrilled with what I saw. They have optioned that truck pretty
strict. Can't get certain paint colors with it, cant get a choice of
trannies or engines. You are stuck with the HEMI and a 5 speed auto...
NO STICK OPTION!?!? You also cannot get a quad cab with a long bed in
the Power Wagon package. No Diesel. For peat sake.... for $40K in
cold hard cash - thats not very buyer friendly, option wise. Better
idea would be to just get a 2500 in the engine/tranny/cab/bed/paint
configuration you want, stuff some electric lockers on there and bolt up
a warn winch and save a few thousand bucks.

Know what I hate? You can't go into a dealer and order a truck the way
you want it. For example - I want a truck with a damned vinal bench
seat and a vinal floor. I WANT A TRUCK. I use my trucks AS TRUCKS. I
get dirty - I want to be able to wipe off a bench seat and hose out the
floor after I go wheeling. This carpet and cloth BS is for wussys. YOu
can only get that vynal stuff on the base model trucks. Want to move up
to an SLT and get some chrome? Forget the manual windows and the vinal
trim. I plan on walking into a dealer one day and saying - you get me
my truck the way I want it - Or I'll go somewhere that will get it for me.

Ok its 3:30 am (central) - and I've developed an addiction to whopper
chocolate malt balls. And I have had no running water for three days
thanks to a dead well pump and a freaking holiday week when I can't get
anyone out to fix the damned thing (and fix what I made worse trying to
fix it)..... so I'm a little high strung and hyped up on sugar and
caffine.

Damn the communist regime who invented chocolate malt balls and vodka!
These evil products were created by the overloards who want to disrupt
the slacker way of life! Damn the people who decided that I was
predestined to be addicted to large amounts of caffine and sugar packed
choclate spheres and that you cant really taste vodka!!

STOP THE VOICES!!!!.......

umm... ok...

...... what the hell was I saying?

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!