Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 20:28:59 EST

On Jan 1, 2005, at 19:58, Josh Battles wrote:

> Happy new year everyone!

The same to you all!

> I hope that everyone else's new year was as good as mine was. Much
> luck and happiness to everyone for the new year.

Mine wasn't!

beggars can't be choosers, and my free ride from MN back to NY (aka my
truck driving father) left friday, so I got no New Year's festivities
at all this year - though I did have a good time the night before since
another friend was also leaving town friday...

When I got back to NY today my truck had been towed!
At least it was only $45 and I got it back today instead of the $100 I
was expecting and having to orchestrate getting it out of hock tomorrow
or tuesday....

I've also got a really bad vibration from the right front - I see one
broken wheel weight but it's only a quarter ounce out of about 8oz on
the tire, so I don't see how it could be the whole problem.... At
least it's the tire I can get balanced for free since I bought it new
here after I cut a sidewall on a RR spike in my driveway a month ago.
45 miles at a max of 35MPH is kind of annoying, but pretty relaxing too
since there was very little traffic to have to let by on 5 and 33 from
Pembroke to Rochester.

To top it all off, I left my keys at home in MN. The spares in my
glove box were MIA - I think I took them out when my locks got changed
since they were no longer useful. Thankfully there was a spare set in
town since I've got a server in my apartment and I gave keys to another
of it's administrators (who is actually out of town, but thankfully
having left his keys at home from whence I was able to retrieve my
spares)

so tomorrow: tire balance with crossed fingers and key copying. oh
yeah, and I NEED A JOB. Maybe I can pick one of those up while I'm out
too.

My new year's resolution: to not let the rest of the year suck like
today did =)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s