Re: Hey Steiger -- ice on your property?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 11:44:09 EST

On Mon, January 3, 2005 3:52 am, Mr. Plow said:

> Jon, I was just wondering what your property is like in the middle of
> winter? Lots of ice on the trails, in the creek etc?
> I know we're not in the middle of winter just yet, just trying to plan my
> March...

Well, last winter I took my '95 down there for some minor work, and to
pick up some stuff we had shipped to Jon's customs brokerage service :-).
Bob Tom and Jim Knox came down as well to pick up some parts.

Jim's Caddy and Bob's Dak were both stranded in the driveway for several
hours due to a coating of sheer ice. We eventually had to winch Jim up to
the road. The barn was doing a good impersonation of one of those pitcher
plants that lures unsuspecting bugs in to a point where they can't escape.

So, yes, it is possible to get ice there. I don't even want to think how
much trouble it would have been to dig out a path to get down to the
trails. Snowmobiles would have been the best bet that day.