Re: OT: Kinda Im dissapointed...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 13:08:43 EST

"DR CHALLENGER" <drchallenger@hotmail.com> wrote:

: maybe because some of us can't afford to drive 1/2 way or better across the
: country.

   That is no doubt true, but at this point, we don't even know
where the meet will be held. It might be 1500 miles away from
you, or it might be two blocks from your house. The meet being
too far away is certainly a valid reason for not being able to
attend, but nobody can use that excuse just yet - at this point,
it could be held anywhere in the country (the exact location
will be determined via a democratic voting process.)

   Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that at this
point, all we're trying to do is gauge general interest in
having a meet - the time or location currently should have
nothing to do with wether the theoretical concept of getting
together with a bunch of DMLers for a national meet sounds
like a good idea or not.

  If anyone has been holding back on expressing interest
because they think it will be too far away, then they are
either working off of false preconceptions or perhaps they
have a time machine and know where the meet is going to be
held. :-) Sitting back and waiting to see where its going
to be held before expressing interest (or dis-interest) is
definitely not the way to go. Don't let other people make
your decisions for you - get involved, suggest locations
that sound good to you, and vote when the time comes. While
its true that the final location will undoubtedly be too far
for some people to travel, or it might conflict time-wise with
some people's schedules, if you just sit back and "let it
happen", you've got nobody but yourself to blame when it
doesn't work out for you. Who knows, a few votes may make
the difference between hundreds or thousands of miles for
the location and weeks or months for the date.

 (I'd better stop now - I'm starting to sound like P.Dummy errr,
Diddy...) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'