RE: Tranny Leaking.. Need Suggestions

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 12:58:39 EST

A better way to flush the old fluid out is;
1. Drop the pan and change the filter.
2. fill with 4qts ATF+4
3. Remove the plastic shroud between the radiator support and the frame
crossmember. This will give you access to the tranny cooler lines.
4. Break the fitting between the rubber and steel lines that is approximately
in the middle of the truck below the radiator. Place the ends into a bucket
that will hold at least 4qts.
5. Start the end and place gear selector into neutral (pump does not run in
park) and pump between 3-4 qts into the buck. New fluid is picked up from the
pan an pumped to the torque convertor, old fluid in the torque convertor goes
into the bucket. This way very little old fluid gets mixed with new fluid.
6. Stop end, refill tranny and repeat No.5. Do these a total of three times.
7. button everything up and you are good to go with all new fluid in the
tranny.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4