Re: 98cc tire size

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 15:08:25 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2005, at 19:15, DML wrote:
>
>> I saw a truck in a parking lot today with 325/60 r15 on it. Looked
>> like a 98cc and was a 4x2. Is this possible without mods?
>> Looking to get new tires for my truck and these looked reall cool. I
>> WANT!!!
>

> I don't know about on a two wheeler, but I think this is the size Barry
> has on his '99 CC 4x4. at 30.6x13 on a 9.5" rim I don't think there
> would be any serious clearance issues on stock rims, other than possibly
> some rubbing on the frame in front at full lock.
>
> I don't have any expirience with oversized tires on two wheelers, but
> the front suspensions use totally different mounting points, so things
> have the potential to be very different....
> --

Yup, I have a 99 CC 4x4 and BFGATKO 325/60r15's. I currently have about
40k on them and about 60% tread left. They work flawlessly. Here is a
pic: http://barryoliver.home.insightbb.com/trukpix/idiotS.jpg
They do rub slightly at full lock, but after 40k miles nothing is tore
up and there is not much more than a slight rub mark on the front frame.
  Offroad, I barely have to air down, as my 40psi footprint is larger
than a 31x10.50 at 10psi. Aired to 20 psi it's like being on tracks...