Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 14:46:02 EST

<david.clement@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Both the 300 and Magnum look better in the flesh than they do in pictures
so I
> will reserve my comments on the Charger until I see it in the flesh. DC
has
> been hugely sucessful reserecting names from the past as can be attested
> with the 300, Magnum and hemi. The car/motor these names are attached to
have
> no styling or design link to the names from the past so why would anyone
expect
> the Charger to. I am quite sure the Charger will be just as successful for
> Dodge.
>
> Dave Clement
> 99 SLT+ CC 4x4

True, it does seem that this last generation of vehicles looks better in
person than on paper. They're still not my cup of tea though. If I was
going to buy another Dodge at this point in the game, it would be a 2wd
regular cab short box Ram with a Cummins. If there was a sale going on I
might consider the Magnum, but I'm really not too keen on a station wagon.
All I see driving them is soccer moms and that's kind of killed it for me.

I'm sure that there will be people out there that will buy the new charger,
people will buy anything regardless of how it looks as long as it meets
their needs. (cargo, passengers, towing, etc) It seems as though this new
line of vehicles appeals to just about everyone except me. I dunno, maybe I
have weird taste or something.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L