Driveshaft Resolution

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 17:19:28 EST

So I picked up my 80% new driveshaft from FleetPride today. I'm
definitely not regretting my descision to have my old one rebuilt. For
$180.01 I got a new ujoint at the slip yoke, a new tube, a new yoke to
match my Sterling rearend (no more expensive conversion joint in the
future) and a new 1350 ujoint, all assembled, greased and balanced -
with *amazing* welds.

hmm - that's odd. looks like they forgot to charge me for the new
joint they put in at the slip yoke. So I guess it should have been
more like $195-$200. still well, well worth it since that's what most
junk yards seem to want for a pull-out shaft that I'd then ought put
new joints in.

Hopefully something else that I won't need to worry about for another
116,170 miles.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s