RE: Very Very Weird Problem

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 23:16:48 EST

Gary,

The vacuum line would cause a higher than normal idle, but would not cause a
3000rpm surge when you tap the brakes. While the IAC would try to
compensate (due to the leaner mixture at idle), it's not going create the
problem you're describing. (I've seen this on a few vehicles now.)

Easy test...disconnect the rear tail-lamp harness connectors (one side at a
time) to see which is cause the problem. If either one doesn't change the
problem, it's upstream of the connectors. If one side causes the problem
and the other doesn't...there's the circuit that's having issues.

- Bernd