RE: DML Digest V5 #2190

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 22:38:50 EST

The Chrysler 300 was released in 1955 (as the 300C)and ran through 71, came
back in '79, and again from '99-'04.

    If this Charger wanted to be released as a modern incarnation using the
same pretenses; It would have still been a good sized car although only
available as a 2DR; in 38 years.. this is the first 4dr, which is not in the
nameplates nature. Yes, they did share much of the 4dr platform back in
thier prime; but Dodge did hold thier ground on the number of doors.
    The Venom show car of the past would have been appropriate to have used
to bring back the Charger name, or even better that would have actually done
the Challenger name proud.
    Regardless, It would be like 15 years from now releasing a new Viper and
having it be a station wagon. I will end up liking the car despite its name
because of a loyalty to the company I grew up to favor over all the rest.
My opinions towards all Mopars are biased, I flat out prefer them, over all
other brands.
Aaron Wyse