Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: kerib@ptd.net
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 08:39:17 EST

1) I hard the story from Dieter Zetsche

2) They had recovered but sqaundered much the the gain in corporate fat.

3) Chrysler Executives in late 1997 were looking for a partner because they saw the
slide occuring.

Please guys I do this for a living. I was there when it was happening. There was much
concer on Wall Street in the late 90's before the merger due to some things on the
balance sheet that were alarming. Most notably their cost of bringing products to
market was rising three times faster than its revenue.

Yes the Viper set records. Befroe 1997-98 I said Chrysler was THE MOST EFFICIENT
in bringing products to market. Stop selctivley reading my comments!