Re: Jeep Hurricane Concept

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 14:34:29 EST

TerribleTom wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/4bp2v
>
> OK - this is *ultra* cool - and I even *love* the way it looks in its
> concept form. They won't build it however - just think about the
> government and EPA regulators getting their grimey little hands on that.
>
> "No way in hell it will pass federal smog tests!"
>
> "No way in hell it will pass federal crash tests!"
>
> But oh I instantly want one...

That's easy. DC would prolly want 80 grand for this MINIMUM if it made
it to market in this form. For 80 grand you can build this exact same
vehicle and still have $$ left over. Your inspiration and resources
would be all of those SouthWestern rockcrawling tube buggys. IIRC, some
mag reported that the majority of the competetors at some big rockcrawl
event had $20k - $40k invested. That's a downright bargain.
Personally, I would still rather have a H1...