Re: ball joints and control arm bushings

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 22:24:43 EST

On 1/18/05 8:20 PM, in article 41EDC356.4060500@yllwdkta.com, "Tim Althoff"
<talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote:

> well, I have finally given in to the annoying popping noise in my front
> suspension. I am going to order the moog ball joints and polyurethane
> bushings for the front. My question is do I replace both upper and
> lower ball joints? Also, what bushings do I need replaced? Lastely,
> what kind of hours would a shop need to complete the job?
>
> By the way my truck has 75K miles and will quickly go up since my new
> consulting job.
>
> Tim Althoff
> 99 RC 3.9 manual

When I had mine done on the 98, I had both the uppers & lowers replaced. I
figure since it's a total PITA to do them, might as well do them all and
eliminate the possibility of going through it again in a few months.

On the bushings, do them all since youre gonna have most of the front
suspension torn apart anyway. Energy suspension is the way to go with
those.

--

Gary Hedlin www.garyhedlin.com 2005 Dakota SLT CC 4.7 5spd 1998 Dakota Sport RC 3.9