Re: ball joints and control arm bushings

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 09:33:45 EST

"Tim Althoff" <talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote in message

> well, I have finally given in to the annoying popping noise in my front
> suspension. I am going to order the moog ball joints and polyurethane
> bushings for the front. My question is do I replace both upper and
> lower ball joints? Also, what bushings do I need replaced? Lastely,
> what kind of hours would a shop need to complete the job?
>
> By the way my truck has 75K miles and will quickly go up since my new
> consulting job.
>
> Tim Althoff
> 99 RC 3.9 manual

You might try contacting your dealer about it. I got a notice in the mail
saying that the warranty on my upper ball joints was extended to 100k
miles/10 years. I'm sure I'm not the only one to get this type of letter,
and before you go spend some money on new joints it might be worthwhile to
see if you're covered and just didn't get a letter yet.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L