Re: Ghetto ride of the week

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 12:46:30 EST

"Ronald Taylor" <scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com> wrote:

: " http://tinyurl.com/67yhq "

: YEIIIIIII!......I can't see the keyboard now!

: Maybe if it was painted a different color or one solid color, and ditch the
: wires for a set of Billets!

   I dunno - I don't think anything short of a Peterbilt and Kenworth
sandwich will be enough to improve the aesthetics of *that* particular
vehicle. Heh! I think Bernd's post summed it up pretty durn well. :-)

   As an aside, why is it that whenever I come across one of these
monstrosities, it invariably has the smallest, least powerful engine
available? You hardly ever see anyone with a V8 going to these
extremes. I think that speaks volumes and there's probably enough
psychological material in there to teach a college course. ;-)
I notice that the owner of this vehicle says he had planned to install
a crate motor - not for the power, mind you - but "for looks". The
way he wrote it, its almost as if he's apologizing for wanting to
install a V8 and is trying to rationalize it to the denizens of
the brain damaged crowd that likes this sort of thing. Aieeee! What
is wrong with these people? Gotta be some sort of genetic defect -
surely not even the lack of parental control and the failure of the
educational system could do *this* much damage? :-)

  Oh well - I'm off to lunch; hopefully by the time I get there, I
will have regained my appetite. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'