'99 Durango ball joints and control arm bushings

From: Michael (farichms@westol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 09:11:16 EST

Just paid the local Dodge dealer for her '99 Durango to get 4 new balljoints
and new steering box. (The lowers were wore out too - checked them myself.)
5.4 hours labor for the balljoints. Moog parts - cost almost exactly what
they would have charged for their usual supply of balljoints. 800+ for that
job alone. The steering box output shaft was wobbling and that plus labor
was 500+ more.

Dealer said it is possible that someday Dodge may extend balljoint recall to
years prior to 2000 so keep receipts for possible reimbursement later on.

Most ladies love their late models. The Durango is a nice vehicle, just
that few ladies want to run the old iron every day like some of us guys
build and maintain for ourselves and would do also for a lady who really
preferred one and was content letting her man spend time to build her one -
sigh... Thankfully for me I'm workin' good right now and can just pay up.
In 5 minutes I'm going to write out its $425 monthly payment check!

Mike (still lost in the '70's and '80's) '70 Chevelle 396/350hp
'73 Catalina 455-4
'78 Scottsdale 4WD 350-4
'83 Parisienne 305-4

<snip> Anyone know the time involved in replacing ball joints and bushings.
Just want to get an idea of the cost the shop is going to charge?<snip>