Re: OT - NY ammo ?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 17:43:54 EST

Hey, Barry!

<snip> Does NY have any laws reduarding the possession of ammunition? Do we
have any listers in the NYC area? Too bad Jon, Mike, Anne, and most of
 my other NY friends are about as far away from NYC as you can be and
 still be in the same state...<snip>

I live about 355 miles closer to "The City" than Mr. Steiger, about 150
miles North of it, to be exact...
I believe that in NYS it is not a crime to posses handgun ammunition, unless
you are a convicted felon...
I hope you don't qualify for THAT exception!
There may be different laws in each county throughout the state, tho...

HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed