Re: Back up lights

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 09:48:29 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:25:01 -0600, Barry Oliver
> <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
>

>> Ok, I have had it with not being able to see behind me without firing
>> up the spotlight. Where can I get retina-burning bright bulbs for my
>> back up lights? I am hoping for something in the 4-600 watt range...
>> Seriously, I need more than the truck came with......
>

> it's too bad you actually use the departure angle on your truck (I
> remember the bumper scrape you picked up last time you were in
> Rochester) otherwise sticking some utility lights on the hitch hardware
> works very well. I'm not sure the tail light housings could put up with
> high wattage bulbs, nor would I be sure of the wiring harness.... But
> if you want to get some H3 sockets and put some nice headlight bulbs in
> there, let us know if it works out!

Seriously. I have been actually thinking of replacing the rear bumper
with...well, I dunno, something that looks like a roll-pan but is
constructed more like roadarmor. If I do that, I intend to have lights
installed in my new bumper..until then I may just make do with whatever
bright bulbs I can find that will fit my regular housing...