Re: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 06:46:25 EST

Olznut@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/26/2005 4:04:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> fasstdak@hotmail.com writes:
>
> While I can't mention which one it was...it's definitely from one in Austin,
> TX.
>
> Had a 2005 Durango come in to the shop yesterday afternoon (5.7L Hemi -
> Loaded) with an oil leak and slight "ticking".
>
> Last oil change sticker was from a Jiffy Lube (very recent at that). Here's
> the kicker..."Factory Installed" stamped on the MOPAR oil filter with plier
> marks all over it (and a small hole due to the plier marks). Guess what
> happened...they couldn't get the oil filter off so they just drained the oil
> and refilled (leaving the factory installed filter on the vehicle).
>
> Hehehehe..."someone's" buying a new motor and someone who worked there is
> gonna get fired over that. ;)
>
> This wouldn't be the first time I've seen crap like this from Jiffy Lube
> either.
>
> - Bernd
>

> I see that alot, especially in my line of work. Usually, they don't tighten
> the drain plug or filter and it falls off, loosing all the oil and said
> problems above happen, with very irate owner. My favorite one was a new Caddy Sevi
> lle with that nice and pricey Northstar V8. Took it to Jiffy Lube, and got 5
> miles before he lost all his oil. I pull up, he goes "I just got it out from
> Jiffy Lube, I don't know what happened" I lift up the car, look under, and see
> the drain plug is missing. Owner wasn't very happy, Jiffy Lube ended up
> buying him a new motor, and we all know how much those Caddy motors

One would think that with a company as large as jiffylube, it wouldn't
take long for them to realize buying new engines due to negligence is
not a profitable enterprise... I mean it's one of thaose stories that
everyone has seen or knows someone who has a jiffylube motor. I wonder
if they quibble about things when it happens, you know, try to blame
anything else other than their asshat minimum wager...