Re: Re: HIGH SPEED!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 12:44:41 EST

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:18:26 -0600, Aaron Wyse <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote:

>> unfortunately latency is as bad or worse than dailup with a satalite, so
>> for general browsing it's not appreciably faster than 56k dailup. Larger
>> file downloads are of course faster, but a terminal session is nigh
>> impossible...
>> --
>> Mike Maskalans
>
> I'll be sure to relay that info to a friend that's been considering getting
> one. If he moved closer to town he'd try to be rural..
> Aaron

If he's desparate for high speed, check into microwave. availible in more rural areas than you might suspect but I don't know where you might be able to track down providers.

the setup fee is a killer since it involves antennea on both ends, and getting someone to shimmy up a tower isn't cheap, but apparently the monthlies aren't too bad.

--
Mike Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC SLT, 318/46RE/231, D44HD/Sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 35s on Humvee rims.