Team DML (SETI) Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 02:08:38 EST

This is an announcement to let everyone know that the old Team DML, part
of the SETI@Home project - has been disbanded and reformed.

I contacted Will Morrison - the ex-DMLer who founded the group waaay
back when Jon still hosted the DML on a Fredonia Univ. server (as of
today that old URL was still listed as the DML's home page). He was
kind enough to disband the group for me, and allow me to take over.

He said he had not thought about The DML or SETI for a long long time
and wondered how The DML was doing - I told him its still going strong :-)

He no longer owns a Dakota, but I still extended him an invitation to
attend the National Meet in 2006.

As for Team DML, I kept the name the same for nostalgic reasons. I
invite former members to rejoin and ask that everyone who doesn't know
about SETI@home, please take a look at the project web site and consider
joining! It's pretty cool to think I can help look for life out there -
and hopefully spread the word all the way to the Klingon Empire... that
Dakota's RULE!

SETI@Home's Homepage

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Once you are a part of SETI@Home - you can join Team DML by going to the
Team DML page located at:

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_193782.html

Thanks!!

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!
*Caution* Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.