How to use 4x4

From: dean_ocque@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 12:07:10 EST

    Upstate New York has had a fine winter, and I thought I would share this
little story with you.

    A few weeks ago, we had a storm that dumped a bit of snow on us. A friend
let his girlfriend borrow his 05 Dak to go to the store because there was so
much snow on the road. She let it warm up, and hopped in. She had a hard time
getting it into 4x4 but finally did and off to the store she went. She noticed
that the truck was having one hell of a time getting much over 40, and the
engine was running strange (I guess you know where this is going).

    She gets to the store, and the truck had this strange smell coming from it.
She shopped... She loaded up the truck, and turned the ignition, but there was
nothing. All the lights were on, and she could here the starter clicking. So,
she called the boyfriend.

    The boyfriend was in a great mood because it took him forever driving her
car to the store. He tried, but it just wouldn't go. He towed it to the local
dealer and the next day he got a call.

    It appears that she did put it in 4x4, but it was already in 4x4, so she
was in low. Needless to say, the engine seized, and the transmission was shot.

    That my friends is why the first thing I did when I bought me 4x4 is teach
the wife how to use it. Of course, now when she goes to the store, she drives
it over the damn piles of snow. But, atleast she knows what she is doing.

    Dean