Re: How to use 4x4

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 22:29:15 EST

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:31:05 -0500, Jon <jonram2004@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've got the build sheet on mine, thanks to a friend at the dealer. I'll
> have to see exactly what transfer case I have.
>
> I'd think with the V8 and 5-speed, they'd give me a "beefy" TC, but you
> never know.

The 5-speeds are the weaker trans. That's why you can't get them on the
R/T. I also went and figured out what it takes to get my 03 into 4lo. I
stopped my vehicle, took the stick out of gear. Just sitting I can engage
4hi no problem. To engage 4LO, I have to put the shifter into 1st gear. So
I can see how this girl had trouble getting it into 4lo. Cuz if you just
throw the switch and watch for the light to go solid before you drive, it
won't.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota