Re: Re: 2006 National DML Meet - VOTING IS OPEN!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 01:20:18 EST

On Feb 10, 2005, at 20:00, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I love to blend into
> the shadows; nothing like a head shot on some unsuspecting sap. ;-)
> Anyway, I'm not even sure if that is possible in paintball.

it sure is!

> Hmmm, I
> wonder what it would take to build a custom sniper rifle, possibly even
> with a nice long rifled barrel, and a heck of a lot of pressure to
> really
> reach out and touch someone. :-)

I wonder if you could improve accuracy with more pressure and a longer
barrel while keeping a sane muzzle velocity? hmmm...
ASIDE: most barrels are rifled, but you're looking at a 68cal. sphere
with a seam in at at only about 1800'/sec (all IIRC, I don't play
often), so you get lots of wander beyond 25yds, and loose power very
quickly.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s