Re:Co2 tank

From: Mike Burgess (mike_burgess@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 22:35:47 EST

Co2 is a lot like propane, at ambient temps, it's about
600PSI, and as you use gas, the liquid boils more gas for
you. will last 20x as long as compressed air. Much safer
than filling SCUBA tanks, as it's only 600 psi, not 2,500.

 Anyway, a local refill setup would be cool, if such a
thing exists.
 PS you fill from the bottom of the source tank, pumping
fluid , not vapor, just like propane.

excerpt:
    Ok, so you're thinking maybe just hooking the tanks up
directly and
slowly opening up the main tank then shut it off once the
blowoff valve on
the small tank opens? Sounds like that could work. Or,
assuming the
threads are the same as for a CO2 tank, I'm sure I could
scare
up an
acetelyne/oxygen regulator which might do the trick?