Re: Re: Keisler TKO-500

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 17:14:47 EST

My big problem was not with the tranny but with Keisler themselves. I spent
about 2 hours talking with Shafi and his brother Mark in Carlisle a few years
ago when I bought the kit. They way they made it sound was everything was in
stock and almost ready to ship. I was told I would have everything within 6
weeks, 8 tops. That was in mid-July. The tranny itself showed up in late Sept
and the rest of the parts (clutch, pressure plate, shifter handle, etc...)
trickled in over the several months following. I received incorrect parts, some
one else’s parts and duplicate parts but never “All” the parts. I never did
get the drive shaft (I had one made locally to replace it) and a few of the
little odds and ends that I replaced myself. The shifter handle they sent me
was junk; the threads were all buggered up from the chroming process.
Communication was poor, I was told several times someone would call me back and
they didn’t. The product is a great product but I was unimpressed with the
company. From what I understand from others, they have a tendency to sell
items they don’t actually have in stock and in a few instances, were not even
off the drawing board yet.