Re: Re: 2006 National DML Meet - VOTING IS OPEN!

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:38:43 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> : It's not that the potential for injury is _that_ high to begin with, but
> : like anything if you neglect safety it increases. I've seen people play
> : with just goggles and think they'll be fine. In reality they are fine -
> : until they get shot in the head. Personally, I prefer shooting people
in
> : the head, the mask (and your skull) will break balls 99% of the time
(same
> : as if you shoot their gun) where if you shoot clothes it's only about
75% of
> : the time that they break.
>

> Hehehe! Remind me to wear my motorcycle helmet when "head shot Josh" is
> on the other team! ;-) Hey speaking of breaking paintballs, how do you
> differentiate between someone who got shot and someone who just happened
> to crawl or roll through a mess of paint splats? I've often wondered
> about that.

The paint doesn't really "stick" to you persay, you can just wipe it off
with a rag or your hand. People wiping on the field is usually a pretty big
deal when you're playing at an arena, apparently people don't like to play
by the rules at times. If you were to roll through or brush up against a
paint splat, you'd probably get more sticky/oily than anything else.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L