RE: Trouble code P0420

From: Ray Irons (rirons@doverde.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 14:13:53 EST

Bob,
        I think at thins point, given all the input from those more edumacated than
I, it might be a good idea to get out the book and check the condition of
the O2 sensors. How much is a little oil consumption? I would think it would
have to be significant amount over the relatively short period of time since
you had a new cat installed to affect it. Might not be a bad idea to do a
compression check, wet and dry, as well to give you some more info. One
other question, when AZ pulled the code, you said it the printout they gave
you said Bank 1. When they read the code off the scanner, did they say
anything about sensor 1 or 2? If they did, it would confirm what others have
said it being the post cat O2 sensor. I know when I pulled codes, I always
wrote down which sensor was identified just because some of the codes don't
specify when you pull them up ion the computer.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE