Re: Stainless mufflers...suggestions?

From: baddak@excite.com
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 02:36:44 EST

In article <d04vbf$6dg$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> baddak@excite.com wrote:
>

> : I am looking for some suggestions on a decent 3" center in/ center out
> : stainless muffler. I've had Borla in the past, and they sound great, but is
> : there anything that sounds nearly as good, but doesn't cost as much. Does
> : anyone have either Spintech mufflers or Magnaflow? The ones from Summit
seem
> : inexpensive, but I don't know about the sound quality.
>

> Gibson is a 3" center in/out, and I *think* they make a stainless version
> also. I was very happy with the sound of my Gibson until it rusted off the
> truck (guess I should have gotten the stainless version, huh?) :-)
>
> Anyway, you might want to have a look-see at Gibson.
>

> --
> -Jon-
>
> .-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --.
> | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota |
> | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD |

     Jon,
       After a few minutes of searching I found a 3" in/out by Gibson in
stainless. The only bad thing is they want some serious coin, to the tune of
$187.99 EACH (through Summit). I need two of those..I am hoping that price
includes a few people to put the damn things on, hell I thought Borla was
expensive. Maybe I outta go back and see if that was the gold plated package,
or the Autorama special..

Mike